2 hrs 50 mins
Absolutely devine! soo soo good! It was perfect for a holiday brunch! I got this from Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 7 -7 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups snipped dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons half-and-half or 3 -4 tablespoons light cream
- 1For Bread:.
- 2In small saucepan, heat and stir milk and butter until warm and butter almost melts.
- 3Cool to lukewarm (105-115 degrees F).
- 4In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast into 1/2 cup warm water.
- 5Stir in milk mixture, 3 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and salt.
- 6Use wooden spoon to stir in as much of remaining flour as possible.
- 7Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- 8Knead in enough of remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (about 6-8 minutes total).
- 9Shape into ball and place into greased bowl, turning once in order to grease entire surface of dough.
- 10Cover and let rise in warm place until doubles in size about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 11Punch dough down.
- 12Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- 13Divide dough in half, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 14In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boiling, remove from heat.
- 15Add cherries and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 16Drain, squeezing out excess water of cherries. Set aside.
- 17In medium mixing bowl, mix 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon.
- 18Cut 1/2 cup butter into mixture until crumbly and set aside.
- 19Roll half of dough into 15 x 9 rectangle.
- 20Sprinkle half of the cinnamon filling evenly over dough.
- 21Sprinkle with half of cherries.
- 22Roll up, jelly roll style, starting from long side.
- 23Seal seam.
- 24Grease two baking pans (cookie sheets).
- 25Place dough roll on one of prepared baking pans.
- 26Attach ends of dough to form a circle.
- 27Pinch to seal ends.
- 28Use sharp knife to cut slits at 1 inch intervals around ring.
- 29Cover, let dough rise again until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- 30Repeat with remaining dough, cinnamon mix, and cherries.
- 31Bake both rings in 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until tea rings sound hollow when you tap tops. (if necessary cover tops with foil for last 5-10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.).
- 32Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 33Drizzle with icing. . .
- 34For icing:.
- 35In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and almond extract.
- 36Stir in enough cream to make drizzling consistency.
- 37If desired, add red food color to icing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tea Ring
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 218.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g