Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderfully delicious dessert and very easy to make - I love the flavor of the cherries always, so this is just another recipe that's one of my favorites.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups cherries (about 50 cherries)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Put the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter pieces, and pinch with the fingers to create a crumb texture. Make a well in the middle, amd add the eggs. Quickly work in the flour to create dough,. Do not over-mix. Pat into a disc and refrigerate for 15 minutes before rolling out.
- Roll out and put in a tart pan, with removeable bottom.
- Arrange the cherries in the crust. Beat the eggs with the sugar, then stir in the cream and vanilla. Pour the custard over the cherries. Bake at 350F until set, about 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
FIRST I will say that I have never made a tart...that might explain everything. I followed the instructions to a T and the crust was terrible...it didn't come together without 3 additional TBSP of cold water - did I need *3* eggs yolks?? (I used Large Eggs, so I know the egg size wasn't the problem). Should the crust have been baked 1st and THEN the cherries and custard-like filling added after to be baked again?? Anyway, I wasn't impressed. After looking up several more tart recipes I have found this one is a tad oversimplified. BUT, like I said, I have never made a tart. I would not use these instructions again for a tart.