1/1 Photo of Cherry Tart
1 hr 30 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This comes from The Book Lovers Cookbook. It is easy and attractive and tastes great. This recipe makes two tarts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1To make pastry:.
- 2Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Add the butter and mix together with a fork or fingers till the texture is crumbly.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks with the lemon juice.
- 5Stir the yolk mixture and water into crumbly flour.
- 6Use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- 7Press the dough into the bottom only of two 9-inch pie pans or two 9-inch springform pans to about a 3/8 inch thickness.
- 8Refrigerate the crusts for about 15 minutes.
- 9For the topping:.
- 10In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except cherries and mix well.
- 11Fold in cherries.
- 12Spread mixture to about 1/2 inch thickness on top of chilled crust, leaving a 1/4 inch margin uncovered at edge.
- 13Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- 14Reduce heat to 350 and bake for about another 40-45 minutes.
- 15Cool and slice as desired for serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 180.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g