2 hrs 30 mins
I am a huge fan of chicken salad, as you can see by the large number of chicken salad recipe I have already shared. This version came from Southern Living and uses some of my favorite ingredients, tarragon and dried cherries. I think dried blueberries or cranberries could easily be substituted in this, but the fresh tarragon is a must. Dried tarrgon just will not taste the same. I prefer to use cooked breast meat in my chicken salads, but I will leave that up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring orange juice and cherries to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat, then drop heat, and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup, at least 15 minutes or so (now is a good time to go chop up your chicken meat).
- 2Allow the orange cherry mixture to cool slightly.
- 3Combine chopped chicken with mayo, sour cream, tarragon, orange rind, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Stir in the cooled cherry mixture and toss to coat well.
- 5Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Tarragon Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 362.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: