Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I am a huge fan of chicken salad, as you can see by the large number of chicken salad recipe I have already shared. This version came from Southern Living and uses some of my favorite ingredients, tarragon and dried cherries. I think dried blueberries or cranberries could easily be substituted in this, but the fresh tarragon is a must. Dried tarrgon just will not taste the same. I prefer to use cooked breast meat in my chicken salads, but I will leave that up to you.
- Bring orange juice and cherries to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat, then drop heat, and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup, at least 15 minutes or so (now is a good time to go chop up your chicken meat).
- Allow the orange cherry mixture to cool slightly.
- Combine chopped chicken with mayo, sour cream, tarragon, orange rind, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooled cherry mixture and toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.