Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy cake. Very pretty to serve.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil and egg whites. Pour into prepared 9 X 13 inch cake pan. Spread evenly.
- Drop cherry pie filling on top by spoonfuls and then swirl it through the cake with a knife. Do not mix too much. You want the swirled effect.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely.
- Top with the Cool Whip topping and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Keep leftovers chilled.
- Variations: try other pie fillings.