Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband loves cherries... and brownies! So this is a favorite of his. Complements of Betty Crocker.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherry
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker supreme triple chunk brownie mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom of 13"X9" pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries and one egg in medium bowl with spoon until smooth.
- Make brownie batter as directed on package; spread 1/2 of batter in pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter on top and spread gently to cover.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Upon reading other reviews, I tried adding the juice from the cherries, I tried adding almond extract, I just couldn't get more of a cherry flavor either. It sure looked pretty though. Just not what I was hoping for. And I probably could have reduced the cherry filling to using only 1 pkg. of cream cheese and still had enough to coat the brownies.
These smelled so good cooking. I was disappointed in the flavor of the cream cheese mixture. I was expecting more cherry flavor but it was kind of bland. IF I make these again I will definitely add more cherries and/or juice.
These were delicious! I made homemade Cheerwine Ice Cream to go with the brownies. It was excellent with the ice cream. Our company took home the lefted overs. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.