Recipe by mrose75
My husband loves cherries... and brownies! So this is a favorite of his. Complements of Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Cookin'UpNorth
Upon reading other reviews, I tried adding the juice from the cherries, I tried adding almond extract, I just couldn't get more of a cherry flavor either. It sure looked pretty though. Just not what I was hoping for. And I probably could have reduced the cherry filling to using only 1 pkg. of cream cheese and still had enough to coat the brownies.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherry
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker supreme triple chunk brownie mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom of 13"X9" pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries and one egg in medium bowl with spoon until smooth.
- Make brownie batter as directed on package; spread 1/2 of batter in pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter on top and spread gently to cover.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.