Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The pink frosting and hidden red centers of these delicious morsels will make them especially welcome at bridal or baby showers and all through the month of February. Use green cherries and juice for St. Patrick's Day. I haven't made these for awhile so I had to guess on prep time and yield.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained well, reserving juice
Pink Cherry Frosting
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- reserved cherry juice
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add egg yolks and blend well.
- Add flour, salt, and allmond extract, mixing well.
- Flatten pieces of dough in your cupped hand with your fingertips. Insert a well-drained cherry (no stem) and mold dough around it being sure to completely cover the cherry. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool and frost tops with Pink Cherry Frosting.
- To make frosting: Mix powdered sugar and butter with enough of the reserved cherry juice to make a spreading consistency. . Sprinkle each cookie with chopped wallnuts.
I made these for st. pattues day for the kids- I used wheat flour an the kids loved them and my son's best friend requested i make them for his birthday! YUmmy!