Lorraine of AZ's Note:
The pink frosting and hidden red centers of these delicious morsels will make them especially welcome at bridal or baby showers and all through the month of February. Use green cherries and juice for St. Patrick's Day. I haven't made these for awhile so I had to guess on prep time and yield.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained well, reserving juice
Pink Cherry Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together; add egg yolks and blend well.
- 3Add flour, salt, and allmond extract, mixing well.
- 4Flatten pieces of dough in your cupped hand with your fingertips. Insert a well-drained cherry (no stem) and mold dough around it being sure to completely cover the cherry. Place on baking sheet.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool and frost tops with Pink Cherry Frosting.
- 6To make frosting: Mix powdered sugar and butter with enough of the reserved cherry juice to make a spreading consistency. . Sprinkle each cookie with chopped wallnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Surprise Cookies for St. Val or St. Pat
Serving Size: 1 (1294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g