Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from TOH magazine. I haven’t made these yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. 6 servings.
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package couscous, with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries, brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous.
- Stuff 1/3 cup into each chop; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes on each side. Discard toothpicks.
Actually this was in Simple and Delicious as well. I tried it last night, it was great. Easy and yummy. The only thing I did differently was use dried cranberries b/c dried cherries were so much more expensive. (I used cherry flavored ones though I don't think it would make a difference.) My husband liked this recipe a lot.