Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just got this in a realtor's flyer and I liked the way it sounded. It's from the Washington State Fruit Commission. I guessed time to make since I haven't made them yet. There is a 30 minute marination.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- Combine cherries, onion, sage, salt and thyme; mix well.
- Cut a pocket on the thicker side of the chicken breast; sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Stuff one fourth of the cherry mixture into the pocket; close opening with metal skewers or wooden picks.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Marinate stuffed chicken breasts 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Broil or grill chicken breasts, brushing with marinade, until fully cooked and juices run clear when sliced.
Very good. Pitting the cherries is a lot of work, though.