Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy dessert.
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted dark cherries in light syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed for 20 min. at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix cherries, vanilla, allspice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unfold one pastry sheet and smooth out with wet fingertips. Brush top with 1/4 of melted margarine.
- Spread 1/2 of filling along a short side of pastry sheet. Slowly roll up from short side, jelly-roll style; fold ends under.
- Place strudel, seam side down, on non-stick baking sheet. Brush with 1/4 of melted margarine.
- Repeat using other pastry sheet, remaining cherry mixture, and margarine.
- Bake 15-20 minute at 400 degrees until golden.
- Set baking sheet on wire rack to cool 15 minute.
- Transfer strudels to serving platter to cut and serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.