1/6 Photos of Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake
1 hr 13 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This is one of my family's favorite coffeecakes. The original recipe called for 3/4 cup evaporate milk with 1 Tbls. lemon juice in it and it was very good. However, using the sour cream and milk makes it even better. It is so moist and tender and delicious you will have to eat seconds! Works well for company or to give as a gift too. I always prepare it on Saturday night for Sunday morning. Just cover lightly with a towel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- 4Add baking powder and baking soda to the remaining flour mixture.
- 5Put approximately 1/2 cup of sour cream (I use Breakstone Fat Free) in a 'liquid' measuring cup.
- 6Add enough milk to make 3/4 cup.
- 7Blend together well and add to dry ingredients along with beaten egg and extract; stir just until moistened.
- 8Spread 2/3 of the batter over bottom and about 1 inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan to form a shell.
- 9Spread pie filling in shell.
- 10Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over pie filling.
- 11Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture.
- 12Sprinkle evenly over cake.
- 13Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g