Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is so good!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine all streusel topping mixture; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the butter with 1-1/3 cups sugar, vanilla and lemon juice; beat in the 2 eggs, then stir in sour cream.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the butter/sourcream mixture; mix well to combine.
- Combine the pie filling with 1/3 cup sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into a prepared baking dish, then spoon the cherry mixture over the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter on top of the cherry mixture.
- Sprinkle with the streusel topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This was quite good. I used a lite cherry filling and half the butter in the streusel topping. I doubled the pecans, but they were still pretty subtle. I think I would sprinkle them on top next time. The topping is a nice touch. Thanks!
5 Stars, this was a perfect combination, comforting without being too sweet. DH will eat this for breakfast this week. I used Lucky's Premium Cherry Pie Filling. My streusel became a smooth spread, and I had to strategize to make it cover the entire cake; Kittencal thinks my butter may have been TOO soft, because streusel is usually somewhat lumpy and easy to sprinkle. Per Kittencal, the cake should cool 25-30 minutes before cutting. Note: I used Kittencal's Recipe #78579 #78579 to grease the pan, and the cake pulled away from the pan walls, making it easy to remove the cake from the pan. Thanks, Kit, for posting this recipe and for answering my questions on a timely basis. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
This was such a wonderful cake! The cherries made it nice and moist and it tasted gorgeous. It's definitely made its way to my favourite top 10 cakes!