Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home. Sounds yummy.
- 4 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, water, and vinegar. Stir into flour mixture with a fork.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 15 x 10 inch rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until firm and dry to the touch.
- Meanwhile, combine pie filling and orange peel; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Spread cherry mixture over crust. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting.