Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I usually buy lots of fruit and sometimes the fruit goes past its prime- or you can use the freshest fruit--These preserves come out amazing ! I have a 2 pound bread maker with a jam cycle- This recipe is not too sweet-- i like the preserves with plain greek yogurt !
- Wash fruit.
- Remove stems fro strawberries and cut up into large chunks.
- Remove pits from cherries and cut cherries into halves.
- Crush fruit- now you should have about 2 cups of fruit total ( once crushed.).
- Place everything into the breadmaker - JAM CYCLE.
- When cycle is finished, pour immediately into glass container (covered) . and place into refridgerator. Note that the jam comes out runny but eith thicken up as it cools.
- Store in refridgerator.
So easy and good! The first time I made it I used frozen sweet cherries and fresh strawberries. The second time I made it I used frozen sweet cherries and frozen saskatoon berries and added a bit of almond extract.