1 hr 5 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar and I can't wait to give it a try. This is what the original posted said about this recipe, "I just love this dessert...and my family loves it too! It is a great change from traditional cobblers."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups cubed Italian bread, 1/2-inch cubes (day old)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1For Strata, place 8 cups of bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and extract until smooth. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- 3Spoon over bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes. In bowl, whisk eggs, cream, and remaining sugar; pour over bread.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until browned.
- 5Let cool 5 minutes and drizzle servings with cherry sauce.
- 6For Cherry Sauce, combine cherries, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Strata from the Heritage Inn With Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.0
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 73.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: