Recipe by Sydney Mike
There was a time when I was very much into cold fruit soups, & this is still one of my favorite recipes! The cherries amount to about 4 cups. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick, small
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sweet cherries, dark, pitted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan, stir together all the ingredients EXCEPT the cherries.
- Over medium heat, stir until thickened & smooth.
- Stir in cherries & cook for 1 minute.
- Pour into serving bowl, then cover & chill.
- Discard cinnamon stick before serving.