Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love cherries. I think almond compliments cherries well. Orange makes a nice tang. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, juices reserved
- Stir first 5 ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Blend cherries and reserved cherry juices in processor until cherries are coarsely chopped. Add sugar syrup; blend until smooth.
- Process cherry mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer sorbetto to container; cover tightly and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.