Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created by accident, it is one of the most requested deserts that I make. A mixture of Rainer and Bing cherries seem to give it an extra special something. Use a non-oak white wine for this recipe. Also, if you are ever in Northern California, near the town of Placerville, stop by Latcham Vineyards and pick up a bottle of their Muscat Canelli & Gold Rush White wines. They are the original wines used in this recipe and easily the tastiest I've used to make it. If you're not into wine, substitute the amount for your choice of pure fruit juice.
- Purée cherries in blender until smooth (some chunks are OK).
- Add Muscat Canelli, white wine and water. Blend together.
- Pour mixture in a freezer friendly container and place in freezer until frozen (ice cream consistency).
- Stir mixture then scoop 1 cup in to each bowl.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint leaves.