1/1 Photo of Cherry Slush- Non Alcoholic
5 hrs 10 mins
A great make ahead slush. Try garnishing individual glasses with orange slices and maraschino cherries. Recipe from Door County Wisconsin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cherry juice (try a blend cherry& raspberry, cherry& cranberry, etc..)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened tart red cherries or 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened tart red cherries, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- 1Combine cherry juice blend and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2In blender or food processor container, combine cherries, orange juice concentrate and lemon juice. Blend 1 minute, or until cherries are pureed. In a 6-cup freezer container, combine cherry mixture and sugar mixture; mix well. Cover tightly; freeze 5 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove cherry mixture from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Put 1/4 cup slush in each glass; add 1/2 cup carbonated beverage to each glass. Serve immediately. Freeze remaining slush for later use.
- 4A shot of your favorite alcohol may be added to individual glasses when adding the lemon-lime soda if desired.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Slush- Non Alcoholic
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: