Sydney Mike's Note:
The basis of this recipe was found in the Famous Name Brand Recipes cookbook 'WHOLE-GRAIN COOKING,' & was changed to use pulled pork -- the original called for 12 ounces of lean pork loin or skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2"x1/2"x1/4" strips & then sauted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons anaheim chilies, finely chopped (very much OPTIONAL!) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups lean pork, cooked, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 8 (8 -9 inch) flour tortillas (each about 8-9-inch in diameter)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Chop 2 cups cherries by hand or in food processor.
- 3In large bowl, combine cherries, basil, [VERY OPTIONAL Anaheim pepper ~ I DON'T use it!], 1 teaspoon ginger & salt. Set aside.
- 4In medium bowl, combine pork, remaining 1 cup pitted cherries, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic powder & black pepper.
- 5Fold pork mixture into cooked rice. Set aside.
- 6Wrap tortillas tightly in heavy foil.
- 7Heat wrapped tortillas in oven 10-15 minutes.
- 8Remove tortillas, spread them out, & onto each one put 3/4 cup pork/rice mixture, 1/3 cup chopped cherry mixture & 1/4 cup shredded lettuce.
- 9Make a small fold on what will be the bottom edge, then roll each tortilla into a bundle & serve.
Browse Our Top Cherries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Shredded Pork Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 433.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: