Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the basic recipe off the internet but I do not remember where. I have found that many fruits will substitute readily into the recipe. The original recipe was for pineapple (which was great), but the cherry is even better. It also works well for peaches, strawberries and mangoes.
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and processed smooth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 quart milk
- 2 egg whites (or equivalent of pasteurized egg whites)
- Mix sugar, cherries and lemon juice together.
- Add milk.
- Beat egg whites till foamy and add last.
- Pour into ice-cream freezer and freeze.
- Pack into containers and put in freezer to harden.