Prep 15 mins
Cook 19 mins
Scones and a cup of tea, now that's the way to take a break. These sound so good I just had to post them.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut frozen grated butter into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix into the dry ingredients until dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly and shape into a 10-inch circle.
- Cut into wedges place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.
These I made for my husband. Very easy to make and I'm sure I will be making these for him again..
nice scone thanks for posting .dee