Recipe by Lennie
I have not made this, although it certainly sounds easy. But I have eaten it, and asked for the recipe immediately. Very different.
- 1 (14 ounce) canpitted cherries, undrained
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or more, if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 30 chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Yes, you read it right: 30 chocolate chips; that's exactly what I was told.
- Combine all ingredients, except for cornstarch and water, in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cornstarch and water in a small glass.
- Stir into cherry mixture and keep stirring until mixture is boiling and has thickened.
- Goes particularly well with ham or roast chicken, but can be served as a side sauce with any dish.