Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Use as basting sauce or dipping sauce.
- 1 cup cherry jam
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until boiling.
- Cool 10 minutes to thicken and serve over roast poultry.
Excellent sauce for poultry. Loved the flavor of the spices enhancIng the cherry preserves. We cheat and buy a precooked half duckling that all we have to do is warm up in the oven and then I broill it to get the skin crispy. This sauce was amazing drizzled over the duck. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
Fast, easy & delicious! It didn't thicken much as it cooled. I *didn't* add the extra 3TB sugar because there is plenty of sugar in the jam. Next time I will add more cloves & cardamom. We loved this!