Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sandwich Maker Snack
- 2 slices bread, buttered
- 1 tablespoon canned cherry pie filling (heaping tablespoon)
- powdered sugar
- Spread a thin layer between buttered bread and place in sandwich maiker.
- Note: do not add too much filling or it will make one terrible mess in sandwich maker.
- Let brown.
- Remove from sandwich maker and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes two triangular tarts.
- My kids love them.
Amazing! This reminded of the Hostess Fruit Pies I used to have as a kid in the States. We also tried it with apple pie filling, which really hit it big with the adults. The kids prefer cherry or blueberry.
We used to do this when I was a Girl Scout over a campfire. No electric sandwich makers out in the woods, the butter goes against the grill, and you can use any kind of filling. Try it with apple or cheese next time.