Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Plum Gorgeous" by Romney Steele, published in a local paper. Fresh sweet cherries combine with jalapeno, honey and pepper for a sweet-hot salsa, great with chicken, turkey, pork.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- julienned mint leaf, a few
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the cherries, onion, almonds, jalapeno, honey and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, cilantro and mint leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Absolutely great tasting salsa, even if I did change a couple of things! I used only half a jalapeno & left the mint out altogether, but otherwise followed the recipe & we really did enjoy this wonderful salsa! Had it initially with some left over pork roast, but I'll be making it again, I know! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]