Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Cooking Light July 2008
Make and share this Cherry Ripple Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup regular oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries, coarsely chopped (about 10 ounces)
- To prepare streusel, lightly spoon whole wheat flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine whole wheat flour and next 4 ingredients. Add concentrate and 1 tablespoon oil; stir until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat a 9-inch tube pan with cooking spray. Combine 1/4 cup oil and melted butter in a medium bowl. Add granulated sugar, vanilla, egg, and egg white; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Lightly spoon all-purpose flour in dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine all-purpose flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in cherries.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with half of streusel. Spoon in remaining batter; top with remaining streusel.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; run a knife around outside edge. Cool completely in pan.