THis is a great slice I found in the family circle cookbook. For those who like cherry ripes or anything sweet this is a good recipe.Easy to make and looks great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups glace cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 50 g Copha, melted (white vegetable shortening)
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1preheat oven to 180C.
- 2grease a 18 x 27 cm shallow baking tin and line with baking paper leaving paper hang over long sides.
- 3sift flour, cocoa and sugar into bowl.
- 4add 125g butter and vanilla mix to form dough.
- 5gather together and turn onto a well floured surface press together for one minute then press into base of tin.
- 6chill for 20 minutes.
- 7cover with baking paper and baking beads or uncooked rice and bake for 10-15 min
- 8remove paper and beads and bake for 5 minutes cool.
- 9combine cherries,icing sugar, coconut
- 10stir in condensed milk, 60g butter and copha then spread over base.
- 11chill for 30 minutes.
- 12chop the chocolate and 25g butter into small pieces and melt (either in microwave or over boiling water in a saucepan)Add cream and stir.
- 13pour over cherry slice and smooth out on top chill until set.
- 14cut into pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Ripe Slice
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: