Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
THis is a great slice I found in the family circle cookbook. For those who like cherry ripes or anything sweet this is a good recipe.Easy to make and looks great!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups glace cherries, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 50 g Copha, melted (white vegetable shortening)
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cream
- preheat oven to 180C.
- grease a 18 x 27 cm shallow baking tin and line with baking paper leaving paper hang over long sides.
- sift flour, cocoa and sugar into bowl.
- add 125g butter and vanilla mix to form dough.
- gather together and turn onto a well floured surface press together for one minute then press into base of tin.
- chill for 20 minutes.
- cover with baking paper and baking beads or uncooked rice and bake for 10-15 min
- remove paper and beads and bake for 5 minutes cool.
- combine cherries,icing sugar, coconut
- stir in condensed milk, 60g butter and copha then spread over base.
- chill for 30 minutes.
- chop the chocolate and 25g butter into small pieces and melt (either in microwave or over boiling water in a saucepan)Add cream and stir.
- pour over cherry slice and smooth out on top chill until set.
- cut into pieces.