Recipe by Jewelies
Cherry Ripe is an Australian chocolate bar. It consists of a cherry and coconut mix covered in Old Gold dark chocolate. It is similar in many ways to dark chocolate Bounty bar. Please note that I had to use the description of 'dark chocolate chips' as Recipezaar doesn't identify Cherry Ripe Chocolate bars. You will need to change the 'dark chocolate chips' back to Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars for this recipe. Also our cup measure larger usually 250ml. Desiccated coconut is coconut that has been dried and very finely chopped. I haven't tried this recipe yet but wanted to post it here for any Aussies out there that love Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars :)
Top Review by Tina.G.
This was quite good! I had to make some substitutions (because of the ingredients that I had on hand). I subbed butter for margarine, and honey for golden syrup. I also subbed mixed berries in syrup for the cherries. All in all yummy, and a nice 'adult' version of choc crackles!
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1⁄4 cup glace cherries, chopped
- 110 g dark chocolate chips (2x55 gram Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 24 paper patty cases.
- Place coconut onto a sheet of cooking paper and place under the grill (broiler), toast until golden brown, be careful as the coconut can burn quickly. Leave to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl place rice bubbles, chopped cherries and coconut, fold together.
- Roughly chop the Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars then place in a small microwave-safe bowl with margarine and golden syrup. Melt on high for 2 minutes, give mixture a good stir. Add coconut essence to the bowl.
- Pour into rice bubbles and fold together until ingredients are well coated.
- Spoon mixture into 24 patty cases. Refrigerate to set.