Recipe by *Alia*
Great breakfast muffins.
Top Review by cm_fitforlife
I didn't rate this as I haven't made it yet but noticed that it seems that half the directions are missing. I am assuming that all that's missing is combining the dry ingredients with the wet and them and the suggested baking time. please complete this recipe it looks great am going to try it and rate it later.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherries, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese and then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cooled and melted butter, mixing well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the buttermilk and egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined and then fold in the cherries.
- Divide the batter amongst the 12 muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.