1/2 Photos of Cherry Ricotta Casserole
This is a very yummy and easy to make warm dessert, which can be served as a main dish as well. The batter resembles a cheesecake, but is not as solid. Accompany with vanilla ice-cream or custard for that extra twist. =) This recipe comes from a famous German chef called Tim Mälzer, who is sometimes referred to as the German Jamie Oliver. I only substituted cherries for the gooseberries he uses.
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- 2Divide the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 3In a second bowl cream the butter and the sugars. Add the egg yolks one by one.
- 4Blend in semolina and ricotta cheese. Fold in egg whites carefully.
- 5Pour batter into 3 greased baking tins of approximately 12 cm in diameter (I used stoneware).
- 6Arrange cherries (if using canned ones please remember to drain well) and amarettini on top.
- 7Bake for approximately 35 mins and enjoy. =).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Ricotta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 202.1 mg
- Sodium 236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: