Recipe by Dinglebop
set and forget until the smell makes you eat it all up
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
I'd never thought to make my rice pudding in a bowl on a stand in the slow cooker, but it turned out great. Set perfectly, lovely and creamy and the addition of cherries really ramps up the flavour. Great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Use cooked leftover rice.
- Use dried cherries, they can be a bit expensive so sometimes we use dried cranberries. But prefer cherries,.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large buttered casserole dish that will fit into your slow crock pot.
- Cover it tightly with buttered side down foil.
- Place a rack in the bottom of cooker and add 1 cup of water to bottom of cooker.
- Place covered bowl onto rack and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook 4 hours on low heat.
- Remove casserole, and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Serve with a topping of whipped cream and sliced toasted almonds.