1/1 Photo of Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler
1 hr 20 mins
This is a favorite of our family and the kids don't do many desserts!!! (I am considering having DNA run on them to make sure they are "my" children!!!) My mother-in-law shared this with me last year. We grow our own rhubarb and this is the only way I can get anyone else to eat someone with me. I will cut and freeze the rhubarb to have fresh on hand when the cherries come on. Then, I will pit and freeze cherries to use later after the season is over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Filling: combine the filling ingredients in sauce pan, bring to boil to thicken.
- 2Add to 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Spread into 9x9 pan.
- 5Dot with butter.
- 6Crust: Cream butter and sugar.
- 7Add the egg and beat well.
- 8Combine flour and baking powder.
- 9Alternating, add flour mixture and milk to sugar and butter.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Pour over fruit.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for apx.
- 131 hour.
- 14Check at 45 minutes.
- 15if oven runs hot.
- 16Very tasty with whipped cream.
- 17*can use 1 21 oz.
- 18can of cherry pie filling if you don't have fresh cherries.
- 19Just pour over the rhubarb and mix well.
- 20Don't add the sugar or flour.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.1
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 104.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g