Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is a lovely raisin bread with a subtle cinammon flavour and chopped glace cherries.It's a cinch to make on the bread machine.
- 1 cup milk (warm)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can add more if you like)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 3 cups bread flour (strong flour)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or sultanas)
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries (halved)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. (Mine is wet first then dry).
- Add the raisins and cherries at the beep.
- Choose the full cycle (3 hours) or you can use the sweet bread cycle which doesn't chop up the raisins so much. I prefer a light crust but you can make it as dark as you like.
- Makes a 1 1/2 pound (750g) loaf.
- This is great toasted for breakfast with butter.