- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped anaheim chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups pitted northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 8 ounces small cooked peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- prepared salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil; add broth, quinoa, Anaheim pepper, salt, and ground pepper.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 12 to 18 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff mixture with a fork and gently stir in cherries, shrimp, and parsley. Serve with salsa, if desired.