Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A NIFTY combination.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- Combine oil, eggs, 1/3 cup water and pumpkin.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in candied cherries and nuts.
- Pour into greased and lightly floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tester inserted comes out clean.
I Iike this pumpkin bread. I feel a little guilty for liking it because of the not very natural aspects of candied cherries. I can't help it. I like them. Though, I suppose this could be made with dried cherries. It would probably taste very good with the substitution, too. But I like this very much as is. The yellow pumpkin dough contrasts beautifully with the red cherries. Don't ask me how I know, but the raw batter tastes a lot like pumpkin pie, too. Thank you very much for posting this lovely recipe.
this was really tasty and sweet and a great find. needed to use up some extra cherries and pumpkin from two different recipes. it worked out so well and i will definitely be making it again.
This was sooo yummy and easy to make, had all the ingredients in my pantry! Took it to work this morning and everyone kept commenting on how good it was! Definately a keeper recipe, Thanks NursLinda!