Recipe by Nurslinda
A NIFTY combination.
Top Review by mianbao
I Iike this pumpkin bread. I feel a little guilty for liking it because of the not very natural aspects of candied cherries. I can't help it. I like them. Though, I suppose this could be made with dried cherries. It would probably taste very good with the substitution, too. But I like this very much as is. The yellow pumpkin dough contrasts beautifully with the red cherries. Don't ask me how I know, but the raw batter tastes a lot like pumpkin pie, too. Thank you very much for posting this lovely recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, eggs, 1/3 cup water and pumpkin.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in candied cherries and nuts.
- Pour into greased and lightly floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tester inserted comes out clean.