Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the MN Mother's Club Cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- Add to to the creamed mixture.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Use a knife to divide batter into 24 rectangles.
- Spoon a small amount of pie filling into the center of each.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick in near the center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.