Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe my great-grandmother made years ago when I was a small child and she used to watch us kids while my mother went to work. She used to give us this in a bowl with some warm milk and a little bit of sugar on it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pint cherries (see Note Below)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all but cherries together.
- Fold in cherries and pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: You can honestly use whatever berries you have in season at the time. My great grandmother always called it cherry pudding whether she used blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or whatever was in season.
I made this using canned cherries instead of fresh. I did reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup. Made for PAC Fall 09