1/4 Photos of Cherry Power Bars
These sound so good. Haven't tried them yet, but this is a recipe I got from Michigan's Cherry Marketing Institute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Put butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until well mixed.
- 4Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- 5Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat on low speed until crumbly.
- 6Spread 2/3 of the oat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- 7Press down to make a firm layer.
- 8Put cherry pie filling in an electric blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- 9Pour cherry purée into a medium saucepan.
- 10Combine granulated sugar and cornstarch and stir into cherry purée.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 12Stir in almond extract.
- 13Pour cherry mixture over oat layer and spread evenly.
- 14Top with remaining oat mixture.
- 15Bake 30- 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 16Let cool and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Power Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g