Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is really a sour cream pound cake, studded with cherries, so it is festive and beautiful when you slice it. It's delicious with coffee. Note the long beating times -- they give the cake its fine-crumbed texture.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 6 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml chopped drained maraschino cherry
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes. Beat in the dry ingredients. Add the sour cream and beat for 3 minutes. Fold in the cherries.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until the cake tests done. Check after 30 minutes of baking and cover with foil if browning too quickly. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
I agree crisp outside with a moist fine crumb. This would a great base for any flavor pound cake!! I adore lemon so that's next
WONDERFUL! I did use egg beaters instead of the eggs and I used 1 tablespoon of the maraschino cherry juice instead of the vanilla. Had a nice crispy exterior and a very moist, not overly sweet center. Will definitely be making this again, thanks for sharing!