Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I sometimes make this in cake pans and top this with my buttercream frosting Buttercream Frosting. Or I make it in a bundt pan and dust with powdered sugar. (I use 2 bottles maraschino cherries)
- Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, cherries, cherry juice and vanilla.
- Add flour and milk mixtures alternately to sugar mixture.
- Pour into a tube pan and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours or bake in 3 layer pans for 45 minutes.
Great pound cake Mel, I use 1-1/2 cups butter-flavor Crisco for this, we loved it thanks!...Kitten:)