- 3 cups pitted northwest fresh sweet cherries, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped anaheim chilies
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork loin or 12 ounces skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop 2 cups cherries in food processor. Combine cherries, basil, pepper, 1 teaspoon ginger and salt.
- Saute pork or chicken and remaining 1 cup pitted cherries; fold into cooked rice.
- Wrap tortilla tightly in heavy foil; heat 10 to 15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Portion 1/4 cup each brown rice mixture, pork, lettuce and chopped cherry mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold in sides and roll into a bundle.