Recipe by Chocolatl
Posted in honor of National Cherry Popover Day, September 1. Adapted from CDKitchen.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup pitted cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine milk, flour, salt, and butter.
- Beat until just smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in cherries.
- Let batter rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously butter or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven to preheat.
- When batter has rested, carefully remove pans from oven.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove pans from oven.
- Carefully pierce a hole in the top of each popover to let steam escape.
- Cook 5 minutes before serving.