Recipe by Wendelina
Tangy and colorful. Great for a holiday meal. Pomegranate fruit and mint leaves would make a great Christmas garnish.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (4 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 sprigs mint leaves (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water into jello mix until dissolved. Stir in cold water and juice.
- Chill 1 hour or until thickened.
- Remove 1/4 c of the oranges and reserve for later. Add remaining oranges and stir. Chill 30 minutes or until set but not firm.
- Combine Cool Whip and spices. Spoon over jello.
- Chill 4 hours. Top with remaining oranges just before serving and garnish with mint leaves.