The combination of tender cake flour and sturdy all-purpose flour produces delicate cookies. The dough will be crumbly after you've combined all the ingredients but will hold its shape once molded in a tablespoon measure and turned onto a baking sheet. You may need to add one to two additional teaspoons of ice water to the dough to achieve the crumbly consistency. **Edited to add for a "moister" cookie you may decide to add an additional 1/4 cup applesauce or butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (about 6 ounces)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces (add 1/4 cup additional butter for a moister cookie)
- 3 teaspoons ice water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted dry-roasted pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. With food processor on, add butter through food chute a few pieces at a time; process 1 minute or until mixture is the texture of sand.
- 3Combine 3 teaspoons ice water and vanilla in a small bowl. With food processor on, slowly add ice water mixture through food chute; process 1 minute or until very well combined. (Mixture will remain crumbly.) Add cherries and pistachios; pulse 10 times or just until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Gently press mixture into a level tablespoon; pack lightly with the heel of your hand. Turn out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough to form 32 cookies.
- 4Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- 5Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add cooled cookies; toss gently to coat with powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to wax paper to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Pistachio Wedding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 38.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g