Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from "Taste of the South"
Make and share this Cherry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla at medium speed until creamy.
- Sift together flour cornstarch and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat until combined. Fold in pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using teaspoon size springloaded scoop, drop dough approximately 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. With hands roll dough into balls. Wet finger and gently press indentation in center of each cooke. Put 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in each indent. Sprinkle cookies evenly with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on pans for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack and cool completely.