Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Source: Pillsbury Holiday Baking Cookbook
Make and share this Cherry Pistachio Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Grease cookie sheet with shortening or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cherries and pistachios.
- In small bowl, blend milk and egg yolk; add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On lightly floured surface, gently knead dough several times.
- Divide dough in half; place on cookie sheet.
- Pat each half into 6-inch round.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges; do not separate.
- In small bowl, beat egg white.
- Brush top of each round with egg white; sprinkle with raw or granulated sugar.
- Bake 17-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Would be very happy making these very tasty scones again & again ~ THEY'RE WONDERFUL! I did manage to give away a couple, but for the most part they were eaten right here at home, for breakfast, for snacks, for lunch! I really liked the combo of cherry & pistachio (plus the FULL topping of sugar I somehow managed to give each of them before baking)! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #29]