Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For use with an ice cream maker (mine is by Cuisinart).
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 (1 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup red maraschino cherry
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. It is better to keep it in there 24/7 that way it is always ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Stir in the 2 packages of pistachio pudding mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
- Cut up about 1/4 cup of maraschino cherries. Remove the stem. Add a little bit of the juice if desired. Depending on preferences, more/less cherries can also be used.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.