Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For use with an ice cream maker (mine is by Cuisinart).
Make and share this Cherry Pistachio Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. It is better to keep it in there 24/7 that way it is always ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Stir in the 2 packages of pistachio pudding mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
- Cut up about 1/4 cup of maraschino cherries. Remove the stem. Add a little bit of the juice if desired. Depending on preferences, more/less cherries can also be used.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.