Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Great Chrismas gift--just put in a pretty Chrismas tin. It is also great for around the house Christmas snack.
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 6 (2 ounce) vanilla candy coating, squares
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped red pistachios or 1 1⁄4 cups green pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave cherries and 2 tablespoons water in a small glass bowl at HIGH 2 minutes; drain.
- Melt chocolate and candy coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in cherries and pistachios. Spread into a wax paper-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. Cut with a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. (Lightly grease cutter with cooking spray to make cutting easier).
- Store in airtight container.